Last Modified: February 22, 2021
Part I: Collection of Personal Information
The Personal Information of Other Individuals
Our App may ask you for access to and upload your list of contacts on your mobile device. We use your contact list to cross reference other users of our App and help you establish connections with those individuals. You may decline to allow our app to access your contact list.
Your Personal Information
To establish and use an account with us or use our Website or App, we may collect the following personal information:
- Full name, to identify you on the App;
- A username, to identify you on the App;
- Phone number, to verify your device at the time you create your account;
- Profile photos (where you elect to upload them);
- Email addresses for support, marketing and other communications;
- Any personal information contained in the audio, video, comments, feedback, reviews and other information you upload or provide on the Website or App;
- IP address and location data, including geo-location data, which is automatically logged when you sign-in;
- Website statistics and analytics data regarding your use of the Website and App;
- Other types of raw data relating to how you interact with the Website and App, for example, your browser information and session duration; and
- All other information you provide on our Website, App or otherwise.
As part of your ordinary use of the App, we will also collect audio and video recordings you participate in, which are published on the App and tapereal.com. Our App requires access to your device's microphone for calls and camera for video calls. Our App will also ask for your permission to access photos on your device or your camera for adding or taking a profile photo.
We may also collect credit card and payment information from you via a third-party payment processor. Although we may display their forms on our Website and App, when you provide your payment details, you are providing them to the applicable payment processor. You acknowledge that our third-party payment processors may have their own agreements and privacy practices which apply to you. While we will not have access to your entire credit card number, we will be able to bill your credit card and may have access to certain card and payment details such as the name on your card, billing address and card expiration date. If you have questions regarding our payment processor, please contact us.
In connection with withdrawing RealCoins and a corresponding payment from us, we may require that you confirm your identity by providing us with a copy of your government issued ID. We do this to protect against money-laundering, credit and debit card fraud and other illegal activity. As part of the withdrawal process, we will also require that you provide banking, wire transfer, SWIFT, PayPal and/or similar banking details to facilitate such payments.
Use of your Phone Number
We collect your cellular phone number to:
- Send a one-time-use passcode, via SMS text message, to facilitate the account creation and login process;
- Verify you as the owner of, or that you have possession of, the device on which the App is downloaded; and
- Facilitate your access to the App.
We use a third-party service, Firebase, offered by Google LLC, and their related and affiliated entities, including but not limited to, Google Cloud Canada Corporation and others, to implement the SMS text message sign-up and passcode delivery process.
Use of Location Services
Our App may use location services made available online and by iOS, Android and other platforms. Location services allows location-based apps and websites to use information from internet service providers, cellular, Wi-Fi, Global Positioning System (GPS) networks, and iBeacons to determine your approximate location.
Part II: The Use of Personal Information
We do not sell personal information to third parties. However, we may use personal information to:
- Facilitate the operation of the Website and App, including sharing or providing access to personal information to Third-Party Providers, see below for details;
- Verify your contact information;
- Provide user support or to support and improve our Website and App;
- Communicate with you about your account or services we offer;
- Send or display informational and promotional materials and notifications. You may unsubscribe from such communications at any time;
- Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- To meet legal requirements or seek legal advice from a lawyer in connection with your use of our Website or App; and
- To enforce compliance with our Terms and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Part III: The Disclosure of Personal Information
Sharing Personal Information and Content if Required by Law
We may share personal information and any content collected, uploaded or provided to us if required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process in any jurisdiction. If we are required by law to make any disclosure of your personal information or content, we may, but are not obligated to, provide you with written notice of such disclosure, if permitted by law.
Sharing Personal Information to Cooperate with Investigations and Law Enforcement
Absent a court order, subpoena or other legal requirement to disclose personal information or content in our possession or control, you agree that we may also share personal information and content you upload or which is associated with your account to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of any criminal matter if we reasonably believe doing so is necessary or beneficial in protecting your safety, the safety of any third-party or preventing damage or harm.
Sharing Personal Information with Third-Party Providers
Our suppliers, partners, independent contractors (collectively "Third-Party Providers") and/or employees, may have access to, or be shared personal information to use in connection with one or more of the purposes for which the information was collected.
Our Third-Party Providers may have access to personal information in providing services to us, or providing you with access to the Website or App. We may use a variety of Third-Party Providers in order to host our Website and App and facilitate their ordinary use, including for example, hosting servers which store personal information.
- Our email providers include Google LLC together with their affiliated entities worldwide. For more information on their privacy practices please review Google's Privacy & Terms and
- Our data hosting providers include Amazon Web Apps, Inc., Amazon Web Services, Inc. and their affiliates. For more information on their privacy practices please review the Amazon Web Services' Privacy Notice.
We also use the following Third-Party Providers for data analytics in connection with your use of our Website and App:
- Google LLC together with their affiliated entities worldwide, in order to use Google Analytics. For details, visit Google Analytics
We may update the above list of Third-Party Providers from time-to-time as our Website and App continue to evolve. Third-Party Providers may have their own agreements and privacy policies on the collection and use of personal information which either we or you provide them.
Your Personal Information May Not Be Stored in Canada
As we may have servers, Third-Party Providers, employees and other parties we share your personal information within locations both inside and outside of Canada, your personal information may become subject to foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
European General Data Protection Regulation
Our technical measures to protect personal information take into account current technology available and the costs of implementing that technology in addition to the nature, scope, context and purposes of the personal information collected and processed. However, our collection processes and data practices, which include the involvement of Third-Party Providers outside the European Union, were not designed to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. As such, you may only provide us with personal information if you are not a European person. To the extent you provide us with the personal information of any third parties, you agree to only provide us with their information if they are not European person. As we are a company registered and operating in Canada, you agree and acknowledge that your personal information will be accessed by us in Canada, although it may be stored with Third-Party Providers in locations both in and outside of Canada.
Sharing Personal Information if Our Business, Website or App is Acquired
We may share personal information with our successors (if our business, the Website or App are acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets relating to the Website and App. Disclosure in such circumstances is governed, in-part, by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c 5 in Canada.
Disclaimer and Warning About Sharing Personal Information Online
You acknowledge that when sharing personal information online, there is always a risk of data breaches, including data breaches in which third-parties unlawfully access our systems, or the systems of our third-party providers, which store personal information.
While we take measures to protect personal information, you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event will we, our affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, contractors, agents, third-party providers or licensors be liable, howsoever caused, including by way of negligence, for the loss or theft of your personal information or any damages caused as a result thereof.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected. Please contact us if you would like to delete any personal information, we hold about you following the termination of your account or our Apps.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to and automatically downloaded by your web browser (assuming you have cookies enabled) when you visit our Website. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows our Website and Third-Party Providers we use to recognize you, track your activity across our and other websites and is usually used in conjunction with logging your internet protocol ("IP") address.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer (in your browser files) or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Can you delete Cookies once downloaded?
Most web browsers also permit you to delete cookies. This is typically done via your web browser's settings, which vary depending on which web browser you use. For details on managing cookies settings using:
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.